Monday, February 20, 2012

Parton Manager Chatter=very revolutionary!

Can anyone remember what life was like before Facebook?  I certainly can’t.  It is one of my leading ways to keep tabs on what the people in my life are up to.  Today in fact I was on my Facebook newsfeed and saw that one my mom’s (who is an aid at a school) co-workers had posted in their status that they were going to be two hours late tomorrow.  I preceded to text my mom to tell her I was jealous and she had no idea about the delay.  It is awesome the speed that word can be spread around.       

One of the coolest features I loved about Patron Manager was Chatter.  It is an instant way to communicate vital information to your co-workers.  This instant communication can save so much time as well as patron frustration because all of the information is right there at your fingertips.  I cannot tell you how many times I have walked into the box office I work at just to answer a phone call and have no idea what the patron is referring to, I then will have to go into their account which has very limited ways of leaving notes about the patron or the situation or finding their subscriber form in our vast filing room. I think it is also ingenious to use the format that we are all so used to such as Facebook and Twitter because it is clear that Patron Manager is keeping up with the times and wants to make their features as user friendly as possible.  I unfortunately had to watch would have asked if there was an instant message feature to the Chatter.  An instant message component would only make chatter more useful because not everyone might stay on their Chatter feed the whole time.           

No comments: