Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lost in a sea of options…

While Raiser’s Edge is constantly being praised as being THE fundraising software to use, I found it a tad overwhelming.  In the introduction, the presenter stated that they pride themselves on the ease of use of their system.  After watching the demo, I felt lost in a sea off windows.  While I appreciate all the tools available within this system to cultivate and grow patron relationships, I felt like it would take a very long time to acclimate and adjust to all it has to offer.

I did think that “The Giving Score” aspect of this software was very innovative.  As the information is already in the system, I appreciated that the developers are continuing to think of more ways to make that data work for its clients which ultimately saves the organization money.  


But, at what point in time does a program try to do too much thinking for its users?

No comments: