Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Local Art Gallery

In exploring the Visual Arts in Prince William County, on the web, I found an art gallery that I didn't know existed, the Loft Gallery located in Occoquan, VA. This gallery is an art cooperative with an adjacent studio. The website also lists the names of the artists in the coop. When I clicked on a name, I could find examples of their work, and what was available for purchase. They feature an artist for a month. They have a meet the artist hour, as well. The have a studio adjacent to the gallery that has classes. Technology at this web site allows the viewer to get an idea of the objects displayed before going to the gallery as well as background on the artists, and general information.
Reference www.loftgallery.org

1 comment:

Isora Heckel said...

I forgot to mention, the Loft Gallery also uses social media, Facebook to promote the gallery.