Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3D Meets Opera

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/carmen-to-be-taken-to-the-3d-stage-2209630.html

After the explosion of the Phantom of the Opera screenings in your local movie theaters across the country, arts organizations have decided to give into the, in my opinion, annoying fascination of 3D entertainment . Soon you will be able to view the famous opera 'Carmen' in 3D in theaters and later blu-ray discs.

I've never stopped to think if I wanted to see a stage play in 3D. The concept seems rather strange to me. When I think of 3D I think of Universal Studios and cartoons and kids, not a 100+ year-old opera trying to make records in the race for the best new use of technology in the arts. I would however be interested to see how well this idea turns out. Will you be there on opening night? Any thoughts?

No comments: